About Matthew Prior
I’ve had an interest in buildings and architecture since childhood. My career in real estate has evolved since then, beginning with a degree in Community Design at Dalhousie University. My years in commercial real estate with an international brokerage entailed a strong focus on the bottom line. Here, I honed professional skills in customer service, marketing and negotiation.
Transitioning to residential real estate was a natural step. I enjoy the more personal connection with clients and community. Having adapted to numerous moves throughout my own life, I’m comfortable with helping others through the process. I was born on the west coast and schooled on the east coast, but Halton has been my home for over 20 years. Oakville and Burlington are my communities, where I work, volunteer, and play competitive soccer and golf.
There is a big difference between buying a home and selling a home. They require tailored duties and services at each stage of the process.
If you are selling a house, I will:
- Expertly market your home through channels like social media, websites, and multiple listing services
- Conduct a comparative market analysis to demonstrate what other homes in your area have sold for in recent months, along with showing you what homes Buyers will be viewing as competition to yours
- Explain the selling process and develop a property profile of your home, including current conditions, surroundings and special features
- Personally complete all paperwork efficiently & accurately with attention to detail
- Recommend & secure the assistance of other professionals to provide assurance in meeting critical deadlines. Including but not limited to:
- Complimentary staging and interior design consultation,
- Professional photography & videography & aerial drone,
- Custom feature sheets,
- Address specific listing website, etc.
- Be with you every step of the way, including helping out in any manner that I can… I believe in going the extra mile, and getting my hands dirty when it counts!
If you are buying a house, I will:
- Educate you about the current housing market conditions and discuss past trends
- Discuss and analyze best alternatives that best fit your budget and criteria
- Resolve any challenges that may arise when purchasing a new home
- Provide the highest quality of service so that you feel comfortable and confident in the process, including access to my trusted relationships with mortgage agents, lawyers, home inspectors, etc.
- Be there 24/7 to answer any questions that pop into mind, and reassure you of what’s to be expected, and how to mitigate your worries